As a Holon Senior Developer, you are responsible for the detailed analysis, design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of CollaborNet’s core application and micro-services architecture. You will use web technologies such as Java, J2EE, Distributed Remote Computing, Java Script, JQuery, JSON, HTML, CSS, XML, and web service management via REST/SOAP. You are also responsible for product workflow designs related to moderately-complex healthcare IT industry workflows, requiring a range of specific knowledge related to HL7 (including FHIR), C-CDA (C32), IHE (ITI-41), and other Health IT standards. You may serve in multiple roles in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial corporate environment; therefore, the ability to embrace change and flexibly manage multiple and changing priorities is required.
Core CollaborNet Application Development and Micro-services API Development
- Write application code for a range of simple to moderately complex healthcare IT system designs,
- Write software programs for several platforms/operating systems.
- Code to, and/or create, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write and/or modify code to enhance existing applications or develop new applications.
- Identify system and functional requirements.
- Review code developed by less experienced Developers and recommend changes.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems and identify integration points.
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain the impacts on subsystems to other Developers, System Analysts, Product Owners, Technical Leads, QA Analysts, System Architects, and Product Managers.
- Support transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle.
- Document applications and/or code that needs to be migrated.
- Consult with other Developers, System Analysts, System Architects, QA Analysts, Product Managers, and vendors (periodically).
- Accurately scope project time and resources required to complete programming objectives.
- Review and confirm project scope and time line estimates with other Developers, System Analysts, QA Analysts, and/or Project Managers.
- Mentor less experienced Developers as needed with regard to project estimates, development, and testing.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Establish test conditions based on code specifications. May collaborate with other Developers to debug more complex errors.
- Consult with other Developers on unit testing plans and results.
- Work with other Developers to resolve and debug program errors.
Holon is a very fast-paced, agile environment where the above-cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that a person in this position may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of progressive work experience designing healthcare IT system processes, working on process improvement initiatives, and business applications system design.
- Experience testing and debugging healthcare IT application systems and processes.
- Experience developing software products for clinical environments, medical labs, and healthcare insurance environments.
- Mobile and Web SaaS experience.
- Amazon Cloud S3 Web service API development experience.
- J2EE development experience.
- Experience with data modeling, non-relational databases, data structures and design.
- Experience working with Product and Business Management, QA, and Implementation teams.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company is a plus.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge, skills, and experience to write detailed technical documentation related to healthcare processes and workflows, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development.
- Ability and experience to facilitate Agile/Scrum JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes. May work with other Developers to resolve/debug program errors.
- Knowledge and ability to apply OOD methodologies (Java, HTML, XML, Java Script and Patterns) to the application development process.
- Knowledge of web development methodologies (preferably Agile/Scrum), application design, navigation, and information architecture.
- Knowledge of database design and query languages (preferably MongoDB).
- Proficiency and understanding of web services (REST & SOAP).
- Proficiency and understanding of unit testing and test driven development.
- Proficiency and understanding of pair programming.
- Proficiency and understanding of software management using GIT repositories.
- Proficiency and understanding of MVC and MVVM patterns.
- Proficiency and understanding of Jenkins software build processes.
- Proficiency and understanding of Spring, AngularJS, NodeJS, and/or KnockoutJS is a plus.
- In depth knowledge of HL7 (including FHIR), C-CDA, IHE ITI-41, HIPAA X12 transactions is a plus.
- Understanding of Linux OS and BASH command line tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer tools such as; MS Suite products, flowcharting tools, e-mail, and electronic calendar scheduling.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Support company leadership and other team members.
- Ability to work under pressure. You must be able to maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and frequently-changing priorities and tasks.
- MUST be flexible and embrace change.